GOLDIE LOU vs. OTHER BRANDS
So how do Goldie Lou sandals differ from other popular brands? Let's take a quick look.
The Goldie Lou sandal does 4 things unusually well.
1. The patented Insolia FLEX® depression under the big toe joint allows the toe joint to drop and rotate in a way that relieves the gripping pressure on the toes and enhances all day walking comfort.
2. The drop of the big toe joint created by the Insolia FLEX® depression also allows the arch to rise on its own creating natural arch support activating the “windlass” energy storage mechanism of the foot. Because of this, manufactured arch support is not needed. The windlass mechanism also reduces the work required to walk in these shoes. When feet flex normally, the need to grip the toe post with the toe is removed and a much more relaxed walk is possible.
3. The patent-pending Insolia CRADLE® (or heel-cupping) depression under the heel is subtly contoured so that the footbed matches the irregular shape of the heel bone. This creates an immediate sensation of comfort and support that lasts all day.
4. The Insolia CRADLE® (or heel-cupping) depression features an asymmetric forward edge that relieves pressure on the plantar facia, further enhancing all day comfort.
vs. most brands
More often than not, wearing flat, unsupportive shoes can cause foot pain and lead to long–term damage to our feet, back, knees and hips. The biggest offenders are super flat sandals and shoes with little to no support. See, a woman's foot is neither flat nor uniformly shaped. Yet oftentimes, our irregular-shaped foot rests on a flat, uniformly shaped surface that does not match the shape of our bones.
This mismatch in shape results in unnatural and undue pressure on the ball of the foot, the heel bone and the soft tissue of the foot (including the plantar fascia). This increase in pressure can:
* Cause heel pain;
* Aggravate plantar fasciitis;
* Lead to knee, leg and lower back pain;
* Induce foot fatigue; and
* Trigger biomechanical issues and poor posture.
And flip flops are even worse! In most flip flops, our toes tend to squeeze the toe post trying to keep the shoes on the feet. This over-gripping can aggravate existing toe conditions like bunions and hammertoes.
vs. a flip flop brand focused on fit.
vs. a brand that touts technology
This sandal features an aggressive arch support and a deep heel cup. This is a great design for very specific foot shapes. If your foot doesn't match this exact shape, these can be excruciating.
vs. another brand
This sandal features an even more aggressive arch support that extends forward to create an incredibly large met-pad. If this doesn’t fit your feet exactly, it’s probably unwearable.
Why Goldie Lou is truly scientifically superior.
Our scientifically-superior sandals feature two technologies, which are built directly into the footbed. Combined, these technologies improve the bio-mechanics of the shoe allowing for optimal foot flexing and proper support the foot. This results in a more natural walking motion, less foot fatigue and significantly more comfort.
FLEX® depression at the ball of the foot and CRADLE® heel-cupping contour.
Patented Insolia FLEX® technology.
Our FLEX® technology dramatically improves foot flexion and efficiency with a precisely-engineered asymmetrical depression in the front of the foot bed. This depression allows the ball of foot - the foot’s pivot point - to flex naturally eliminating the need to over-grip the footbed or toe post while walking. It also allows the foot to push off efficiently and lift the body while moving forward. This movement increases the efficiency of walking so much so that testing has shown to reduce oxygen demand and improve stride length. It also allows the arch to naturally rise on its own creating natural arch support.
The multiple benefits of our FLEX® technology.
Patent-pending CRADLE® heel-cupping technology.
Our CRADLE® heel-cupping technology is derived from careful analysis of the heel bone. It features a subtle contour in the sandal footbed that matches the irregular shape of the heel providing an immediate sensation of comfort. It also features an asymmetric forward edge that relieves pressure on the plantar fascia.
Significantly more comfort.
After slipping into a pair of our Goldie Lou sandals, you may experience an instantaneous relief of heel pressure and foot discomfort. Or you may experience a more subtle change, but will now wear these sandals longer without strain and pain. To appreciate the benefit of our footbed, multiply the decrease in pressure (below, feet on right) by 7,000 to 10,000 steps per day.
Multiply the decrease in pressure (feet on right) by 7,000 to 10,000 steps per day.
Goldie Lou FLEX® and HEEL-CUPPING® Barbara Sandal
by Goldie Lou
**Runs a bit small. Order up a size if in between sizes.**
While it may look classic, our Barbara sandal is anything but! Our flex and heel-cupping technologies are built directly into the faux-suede footbed allowing for a more natural walking motion, less foot fatigue and all-day comfort.
With it's flattering style, thick strap, and comfortable toe post, you will wear these sandals from day to night without worry! This is the only sandal you need this summer! Why settle when you can have gold? #GoforGoldieLou
- Promotes proper foot flexing to eliminate over-gripping of the footbed or toe post while walking.
- Allows the arch to naturally rise on its own creating natural arch support.
- Matches the irregular shape of the heel providing an immediate sensation of comfort.
- Features an asymmetric forward edge that relieves pressure on the plantar fascia.